This is an anti-ad. I have had the anti-pleasure of flying Air China three times now. Once from Sydney to Beijing and, just this weekend, a Beijing – Singapore round trip.
Here are the highlights:
- It took 24 hours to get from Sydney to Beijing (what should be a 10 hour flight) because at both Sydney airport and Guangzhou airport we were delayed. 4 hours in Sydney and 10 hours in Guangzhou.
- On the way to Singapore we were delayed for two hours. One in the airport and one in the plane.
- On the way back to Beijing, I arrived at the airport at 9:30pm for my midnight flight to discover that we had been delayed until 4am (this had been published while I was en route to the airport). Air China provided a dinner voucher for $5 Singapore dollars. Might have been useful in normal business hours. As it stood, I think the only thing in that price range was a 6inch vege subway.
- They carry no spirits, about two bottles of wine per isle and about six cans of beer.
- The service is so efficient it is almost non-existent, though not rude should you be luck enough to encounter someone.
- The seats are very small, the isles are very narrow, the man next to me was very big.
There are so many other ways to get to China. Take any one of them.